Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nope, there's nothing new with me.

Life.

It's tough. And frustrating. And exhausting. And tumultuous (5 points for a big kid word!).

It's also fun. And hilarious. And rewarding. And full.

Life lately has been whirlwind. When someone asks me "What's new in your life?", I honestly don't know how to answer that. I actually go over in my head my routines and nothing is really new. Here's how it goes:

5:45ish am: I peel myself out of bed and take Elphie out. Then I drag myself into the shower and get ready for work.

7:00 - 4:00: I'm at work. And work is never predictable. One day could be quiet and calm and allow me to get a lot of things done that keep falling lower on the priority list. And the next day could be a madhouse, running around like crazy preparing for an upcoming program day or trip. Oy.

4:15ish pm: I'm at home, taking Elphie out. Then I promptly plop myself onto the couch (gym? what's a gym?) and A) catch up on DVR'd shows, B) watch what came in on NetFlix or C) watch Law & Order and How I Met Your Mother.

6:30 pm: BOYFRIEND TIME!!

And that's it. Pretty predictable. And I'm a-okay with that! I like routine and schedules. It keeps me balanced. And we all need a little balance in our lives, right?

But life is still a whirlwind. When did it become August? Who said that was okay? Really. The ONLY reason it's okay is because August means my birthday! I love birthdays. LOVE them. It's the only day out of the year that should be/is dedicated to you. I realize that it's not always the case (like when you have little bits running around, needing to be fed and changed and loved and fed and changed and napped and fed and changed...you get the idea). But I still love birthdays.

Here's a random thought: why do some people post blogs and NEVER capitalize the first letter of the sentence? Where did grammar go wrong? I *tried* to write in all lower caps but it. just. didn't. work. (that was tough - trust me). I try and be clever like all you lower-case writers and leave Facebook comments and Twitter posts in lower caps, but I really don't think I come across cool like the rest of you people. I think it just looks weird and unintelligent. Does that make me neurotic? Or weird? Or both?

If you made it to this sentence in my post, you must REALLY have nothing to do. I apologize for the mundane update and meaningless ramblings. I'm not even going to post this update on Twitter or Facbeook. It's just not worth it.

1 comment:

  1. You are cracking me up. Please, please, please keep using grammar correctly. It's not neurotic. It's intelligent. Grammar is your friend. It loves you and doesn't want you to be ashamed of it in public :)

    ReplyDelete